Foods and Drinks of Colombia - By Seth (with some help from Maria)

 

There are so many amazing foods and drinks in Colombia and some of them are natural fruit juices and panela, and some of the natural fruit juice flavors are mango, blackberry, strawberry, passion fruit, guanabana (soursop), guava, lemonade, coconut lemonade, lulo, orange and mandarin. You can pick if you want your juice to be in water or milk. My favorite type is strawberry and blackberry in water. Panela is sugar water. There are 2 types of panela. One type is cold and with lemonade, the other type is warm with just sugar. Sometimes they put cheese in it. I don’t like it with cheese at all. Coffee is pretty much what Colombia is known for. One of my favorite foods in Colombia is salchipapas. Salchipapas are french-fries and sausage that sometimes has rosada sauce. Rosada sauce is ketchup mixed with mayonnaise. I don’t like rosada sauce. In Colombia lots of sauces come in pouches like mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and jelly. Some types of jelly are blackberry, strawberry, pineapple and red fruits. Milk goes in a bag, and water does sometimes too.

 There are many types of ice cream in Colombia. Some of them include: strawberry, blackberry, mandarin, lime, brownie, chocolate, vanilla, passion fruit, mango, rum and raisin, and coffee. Many cones have sauces and sprinkles and you don’t even have to pay extra. 

There are also a lots of different types of soda in Colombia, like Quatro, Colombiana, and Postobon. Postobon comes in lots of fruit flavors.

Most of the fruit we get is grown here and not shipped from other places. A lot of the fruit that grows might be the same fruit, and the same taste, but they look different. For example, lemons – they look different but they taste the same.

Bananas are mini. There are big, normal sized bananas too, but the rest are smaller than your hand. There are also these banana type things call plantains. They are bigger and greener. I don’t like them, but my family does. Plantains can be made into many different forms and tastes. They can be sweet or salty.



A normal fish dinner

Me making lunch with our cook.  

Me and my sister making lunch

A typical lunch

Me and my sister making breakfast

A typical breakfast

Salchipapas

Cherry Limeade

Natural Juices

Mango juice

My brother with something he devours

A picture of a lemon

A picture of a lime

Blackberry Juice

A traditional soup 

Some ice cream

And some more

Tiny bananas

Stuff in a bag

Milk in a bag

How you pour milk in a bag




Juice that was made from fresh fruits

A typical lunch

Some desserts we got


Strawberries and Cream

A normal dinner

A croissant stuffed with chicken. They are really good. 

Pizza with a lot of stuff on it

A filled churro

Some more treats at a famous restaurant. I liked the lemon pie the best. 



My family at a fruit stand

Lunch at the flea market


Sometimes soda comes in glass bottles. Then you have to return the bottle. 

Some more ice cream

An egg soup for breakfast

A meat soup for breakfast

A typical breakfast and there is arepas and eggs and fruit.

Some miniature plums

A soda

Some pizza.

Me at a fruit store

A fruit store 


Comments

  1. Seth,

    You made me hungry when I read your entry. I think I would like the cherry limeade and a chicken-filled croissant. And followed by some coffee ice cream and a cup of Colombian coffee. Are you taking orders?
    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seth,
    My mouth is watering. Your pictures and description of the different foods are great. I could even eat some of the food, especially that big dinner plate your dad had. That looked really tasty. Keep up the good blogging. Looking forward to seeing you in person and playing some games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the foods but mostly the mango juice! What an experience you guys are having.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Seth! I was very impressed with your blog! Your pictures are incredible and they made me so hungry! I think I would like almost every bit of food in Colombia! It looks like you and your family are having a super fun and educational trip! Please tell your sister I said hi! ❤️, Mrs. A. (Maria's math teacher)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the blog, Seth! I loved learning about all the foods you’ve had in Colombia. I would especially love all the fresh juices. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Years Celebration - By Maria

Nature in the Amazon Rainforest

Amazon Communities - By Maria